Then this email (paraphrased) to the architect's assistant from the engineer was forwarded to me last week:
'Good news that the excavation now appears to be stabilised.
Regarding the basement retaining walls; I think it would be prudent to visit site to determine what now happened with the top of retaining wall seeing as the site and side path climb some 1500 mm in height front to back. At present the contractor is confused as to what the detail will be. Do you wanted a stepped retaining wall along this boundary?
I think an elevation on this side is required to deal with the ground levels.
| The Church Hall path is now propped up by scaffold poles. |
| A break in the work for a discussion with the scaffolders. |
| I think the scaffolding arrangement is to prevent the chalk caving in. Lets hope it works. |
| What a remarkably deep excavation. My gooseberry bushes can just be seen in the top left corner, hanging on for dear life. Sadly, my blackcurrants didn't survive . |
No comments:
Post a Comment